Effective tips on how to remove stains from Carpets!Admin
As a home owner or office owner, we all face one big issue – how to remove stains from carpets in such a way that doesn’t harm quality, design and look of the carpet. While we look and plan for removing stains from carpets, we are worrying about not loosing the original look and feel of the carpet, isn’t it? Yes, it is.
Yes, it is. But the most of those who have no prior experience in cleaning carpet fall short of this and instead of making carpet cleaner by removing stains, they make it worse. So to avoid such incidents, we are here presenting some tips that will make your carpet cleaning task very easy!
- Go smooth and soft, don’t push hard. That’s the most effective way. No need to rub or scrub. You can remove stains by softly pressing clean cloths into the stained area to remove moisture. But again, don’t scrub otherwise it can damage the fiber and set the stain into the carpet.
- Use mild warm water to the stained area and blot until the stain stops transferring to the cloth.
- Even if this hasn’t help you in removing stain completely, now is the time to apply some detergent to the stain. There are many standard and branded detergents available in the market which you can use for effective solution. If you prefer, you can make detergent at home as it doesn’t require big skills set! But if you choose to make it at home, don’t use too much soap, because it’s difficult to rinse out of the carpet.
- Apply the detergent solution, wait for a while (something about five to ten minutes), then rinse with clear warm water.
- Place layers of white paper towels on the spill to absorb the liquid. Weight down the towels with a non-staining glass or ceramic object. You can let them sit overnight.
- When the carpet is dry, vacuum to restore the texture.
- If you can see the stain after all this, repeat steps 3 through 7. It means the stain penetrated deep into the pile and has wicked up to the surface.
There are many other ways to remove stains and to keep your carpets clean and fresh forever. If you are tired of removing stains from carpets at your own or are not satisfied with the efforts and results then you can also contact any professional carpet cleaner who can do the job with quality.