The Best Hybrid Flooring Options For Your HomeAdmin
If you want the look of natural timber for your interior but are wary of ongoing maintenance, hybrid flooring can fit perfectly. Hybrid flooring is one of the newest types of flooring that is a fusion of laminate and vinyl flooring. It is known for its durability and various colours and designs. It’s a new revolutionary product that gives the stunning look of hardwood along with the durability of laminate flooring- An artificial type of flooring constructed with multiple layers of materials pressed together to create an extremely hard-wearing floor.
Its high-density core is crafted from layers of materials that are both scratch and stain-resistant. Hardwood isn’t a good choice for the bathroom and laundry areas whereas, with hybrid flooring, you can get authentic-looking wood-like styles that are durable enough for rooms where moisture is a concern. Hybrid flooring is one of the best waterproof flooring options, and it’s a perfect way to get gorgeous hardwood styles in high-moisture areas.
Hybrid flooring is gaining popularity in Australia and all around the globe. A wonderful flooring option with several significant benefits making it a popular choice among many homeowners:
- Affordable: As hybrid flooring is a floating floor, it can be installed directly over the existing floor. This way, you can save money on treating the existing floor and enhancing the overall look of your interior.
- Durable: With a hard-wearing topcoat, this flooring is dent and scratch-resistant. Perfect for high-traffic areas that are prone to wear and tear.
- Easy Maintenance: These floors are easy to clean as there are no gaps between the boards for dirt to build up, meaning, easy clean up after household spills and accidents.
- Comfort: Most hybrid floors have an acoustic element that makes sounds softer and more muted.
The beauty of hybrid flooring is that it can be used anywhere because of its durable nature! While you cannot use laminate in wet areas such as bathrooms or laundry rooms, hybrid flooring is 100% water-resistant and is the perfect alternative specifically in those areas.
Since it is scratch-proof, it is perfect for living areas and kitchens as it won’t show wear and tear- especially helpful when you have kids and pets. By choosing one type of flooring throughout the main areas of your home, you can keep the style and look of your home consistent, which is why hybrid flooring could be the perfect choice for your home.
Vinyl, hybrid and laminate flooring are all great flooring solutions for your home or commercial area. Cost-effective, easy to install and maintain, each option offers the visual appeal of genuine timber but without the extra hassle and expense.
For those looking for something in between, hybrid flooring combines the stunning appearance of vinyl with the durability and strength of the laminates- all available in a wide variety of designs and finishes.
Can it be installed over your existing flooring?
Absolutely yes! Hybrid flooring is a floating floor that can be installed directly over an existing floor. Before installing, you will need to ensure the subfloor is flat and smooth. Hybrid floorboards can conceal any wear and tear of your subfloor without dents coming through. Ultimately, it saves time and money.
With so many flooring options, picking one that perfectly matches the need and suits the look of the interior is difficult. You will need to consider several factors before making a final decision. Check out the following points:
Style – Hybrid flooring is available in new, modern and traditional styles. Consider the theme of your home and select the best.
Board Size – Hybrid flooring comes in different widths, lengths and thicknesses. Choose wisely as it can impact the overall appearance and feel of the room.
Look and Colour – We’ve got unique styles and colours, including light, dark, warm and cool colours that accurately enhance the aesthetics of your home.
Brand Name – When choosing hybrid flooring, choose a brand that you can trust to provide quality products that last. Mike’s Carpet Discounters are pioneers in providing exceptional flooring solutions for Australian homes. We have a range of durable and low maintenance and stylish hybrid flooring options to upgrade any room to the next level.
Care and Maintenance
While hybrid flooring serves the look of hardwood flooring, there is no troublesome maintenance work that goes along with it, and hence, you don’t need to sand and polish your flooring regularly. All you need to do to keep your hybrid flooring looking great is a regular vacuum and wiping it clean. You can mop it because it’s 100% waterproof! Careful cleaning and maintenance will extend the lifetime of your hybrid flooring. Here are some everyday tips for care and maintenance for your floor:
- Heavy furniture can do significant damage even when it is stationary. Install rubber floor protectors under household items. If your furniture is on wheels, ensure the wheels themselves are suitable for a hybrid floor.
- Avoid exposing your hybrid floors to intense heat. It can cause permanent marks that damage the floor.
- Sweep or vacuum your hybrid floors to avoid the buildup of dirt and grime. When vacuuming, ensure you’re doing so without the beater bar engaged – this will prevent accidental scratches.
- Wipe off all spills immediately. This prevents water or chemical damage to your floors and the growth of mould. When cleaning, avoid using harsh scrubbing tools or cleaners on your floors.
If you want to upgrade your home with hybrid flooring, visit https://www.mikescarpets.com.au/vinyl-floors/vinyl-hybrid-flooring/.