Would you like to join leading flooring company? Are you an enthusiastic person with an eye for interior design and décor? At Mike’s Carpet Discounters, we value our staff and believe in giving them the proper training and support to assist in their future personal and professional development.
We’re always looking for enthusiastic people to join our passionate team. If you are looking to gain experience in the flooring industry and sales, connect with our team and grow. We’re also keen to hear from fast learners who show the right attitude, energy and commitment to join the Mike’s Carpet Discounters Family.
Customer Service Consultant / Manager
Location: Mike’s Carpet Discounters, stores – Carrum Downs, Glen Waverley.
Employment type : Fulltime / fixed term contract.
Mike’s Carpet Discounters is a family-owned and operated business, servicing both metropolitan and regional Victoria since 1975. It specialises in carpets, flooring, and window finishes and has stores in Glen Waverley, Carrum Downs, Rosebud and Truganina, with a very strong physical store and online foot print growth strategy.
About the role
To provide our customers with a superior level of service in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
Working in a very fast-paced and friendly environment with a young and dynamic team, you will assist the executive team, project manager and commercial sales/delivery team with all aspects of estimating from take-offs, setting up quotes of different complexities, quoting and data input.
The key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Establishing and evaluating policies, plans, and processes for dealing with
customers and the products and services offered.
- Assuring business operational effectiveness.
- Helping with recruitment and giving team members instructions and feedback.
- Guiding, inspiring, and developing the customer service team
- Planning and executing after-sales services to monitor customer satisfaction, guarantee the performance of acquired goods, and adjust and improve services offered
- Coordinating with other organisational units, service providers, and clients to determine and meet client expectations.
- Stay abreast of market trends and employ best practises as necessary
- Use assets and manage resources to meet both qualitative and quantitative
To be considered for this role, you will have the following attributes:
- Ability to listen and learn and show genuine care for both team and customers.
- Should have skills or experience in a specific flooring industry, supported by intermediate computer literacy.
- Valid Victorian Drivers’ license required.
- The drive to exceed sales goals and KPIs.
- Clean, professional presentation.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to work reasonably extended hours and work weekends.
- Flexibility to attend after-hours appointments for commercial customers.
- Intermediate understanding of retail and commercial/industrial operations.
- Keeping the work environment clean and safe.
- Key attributes that are fundamental to the team are a passion for quality, self-motivation, and teamwork for the role. We are seeking someone who has the requisite skillset, although has some development goals that will entail growing our business.
- Promote an environment that excels in customer service and reduced wait times
- Coaching teams to deliver great experiences through superb store standards in Safety and Merchandising.
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- A passionate individual who shows enthusiasm, care and ownership
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to embrace a collaborative and team attitude
- Constantly striving for greatness
- Community orientated
- Ability to create a vision, coach, motivate and inspire a team to stretch their capabilities, unlock potential and build commitment to achieving the vision.
This is a hands-on role for a proactive all-rounder who is passionate about project estimation, and handling customers, can develop meaningful relationships, problem solve with ease and likes to have some fun along the way. Projects can involve some issues. Therefore, the ability to analyse problems, determine the best options available and utilise existing relationships with customers, trades, or suppliers to Resolve the issue is paramount.
Key attributes that are fundamental to the team are a passion for quality, self-motivation, attention to detail and teamwork for the role. We are seeking someone who has the requisite skillset, although has some developmental goals that will entail growing our business.