Having a tenant stay long-term or for shorter periods like summer holidays, giving them a perfect setup is your responsibility.
Rental properties are meant to create a profit; hence the main aim is to save money wherever possible and invest in improvement. Investing in quality grade products may save you from future repair and maintenance costs and reduce the long hauls with tenant complaints.
While price, durability and design are the three main factors to consider, here’s a list of options to consider based on their unique strengths.
Best flooring options for investment properties
- Carpet – Carpets create a soft, warm and welcoming environment. They are easy to install and can be a durable flooring solution. Additionally, the padded fibres in carpets helps you keep the noise down, especially in a multi-unit property. Carpets can also be used in high-traffic areas, however, for such rental properties we recommend the following options.
- Engineered Hardwood – Engineered hardwood is flooring created with real wood veneers, which offers nearly the same features as a hardwood floor. Hardwood is known for its premium performance and is known to be the flooring that lasts a lifetime. Engineered hardwood floors are also beneficial when it comes to noise insulation. Hardwood can be refinished numerous times to give them a new fresh look.
- Vinyl – Vinyl is a durable yet affordable flooring option; their water-resistant properties make them an ideal choice for bathrooms, kitchens and laundry areas. Vinyls come in a wide range of colours, designs and patterns to choose from. Some vinyl, like Vinyl tiles, are resilient to damage which makes it easier to maintain.
- Laminate – Laminate is becoming a favourite choice for many with its quality and appearance. It is possible to get flooring that resembles stone, tiles, or wood at affordable prices. Laminate floors stand well to dents, scratches and scrapes and are very durable. Laminates are easy to install, care for and maintain; they also happen to be an affordable flooring option. Laminate flooring may require replacements over a long period of time depending on the grade and quality of laminate chosen.
- Hybrid Flooring – Hybrid flooring is becoming the favourite choice of flooring these days. With a wide range of colours, designs and patterns, it is easy to select the perfect one for your requirements.
Give your rental property an attractive look; talk to our experts today. Call 1300 069 340.