Staircases are often a noticeable piece of interior. Whether planning a new flooring for your stairs or a renovation, sensible planning and laying can spice up the space with all the attractive factors you want to add.
Flooring for the staircase largely depends on its size, how the stairs are used and where they are located. The stairs at the less visible places may need different flooring than those visible from the entryway.
There’s a wide range of options to choose from for stair flooring:
- Hardwood – Known for its classic looks and matching up with almost any decor, hardwood flooring is the first choice for many. Good grade hardwood flooring is highly durable and is also a safe option for staircase flooring.
- Carpet – Carpet flooring is no doubt more eye-catching than any other flooring. Be it a traditional, modern or contemporary look; you can never go wrong with carpets. Carpets are also the most economical choice.
- Tile – When planning for small stairs, tiles are often a good choice, they can also be accommodated well to outdoor stairs. Tiles are very easy to clean as well and are unaffected by water.
- Vinyl – Being easy to clean and non-slippery, vinyl is a good choice for staircase flooring. With its easy installation process, you can choose amongst different types of Vinyl like sheets, planks, tiles and Hybrids.
- Laminate – With a visual property to imitate wood, tiles, stone and carpet, laminates are often chosen also because of their durability.
While choosing a floor for stairs, make sure to consider these factors
- Safety –Safety is the prime and most important factor to consider while planning flooring for the staircase. Look for surfaces that are not slippery.
- Traffic –Think of the foot traffic your stairs are going to receive; some stairs are in high-traffic areas hence need durable and good grade flooring.
- Noise –Foot-falls on stairs can often create a lot of noise, which can be an annoying factor for a lot of spaces requiring a silent environment.
- Style –The style of your stairs and the space around them has a lot to do when it comes to deciding the right flooring. No doubt that the flooring you are adding to your stairs can immensely turn its style around.
Speak to our experts today and get the best quotes today, call 1300 069 340.